WELCOME FRIEND

A whimsical mix of everyday blessings & ancient memories. Join in the dance with your comments & poetry.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tea with the Emperor


So now I’m off to China,
Where the tea comes from.
I’m dining with the Emperor
I hope he’s glad I’ve come.
I’ll try to eat with chopsticks
Tho I’m clumsy as can be
And try not to slurp my soup
Or leave crumbs in my tea.

Perhaps he’ll love me dearly
And beg for me to stay
To stroll his perfumed gardens,
See his warriors made of clay.
Or promise robes of emerald silk
And wonton’s every day.
I'll say I must tend my blog
Farewell, I must away.

1 comment:

  1. Virgina (and Mitch)

    Bon Voyage or as they say in Mandarin, "yī lù píng ān !" I am truly awaiting all the marvelous adventures to magically populate this blog. ☺

    Have a GREAT trip and come home safe.

    yī lù shùn fēng (Have a Good Trip)

    BStud

    ReplyDelete