WELCOME FRIEND

A whimsical mix of everyday blessings & ancient memories. Join in the dance with your comments & poetry.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

HOME AGAIN!


Our visit with friends in the Philippines was a wonderful treat. Then China was amazing--modern and ancient at the same time. I loved every minute of it! Took a ton of photos.


I've been back over two weeks and now just getting over jet-lag. They say it takes one day for every hour of time difference and I think one day for each decade of your age. It was 13 hours plus--I'm not telling--but I should now be good. I will post some of my adventures and best pictures over the next few weeks.



Home Again!


The Emperor was charming

And as gracious as can be.

He took my hand and led me

Thru the streets of old Cathay.


The dragons were stupendous,

The silks of rainbow hue.

I watched the pandas playing

In their forests of bamboo.


We sailed on sapphire waters

In the valleys of the deep

Bounded by piney mountains

Where the shy white tigers creep.


And tho I loved him dearly

And tho he begged me stay

My heart is in Wisconsin

I could not stay away.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! Maybe I'll get inspired again now that you are posting! and so well done.

    ktbird

    ReplyDelete